SmartKey Bluetooth Module - Connects your smartphone to your car security/remote start system -Professional Installation Required, not included
- compatible with iOS (version 6 or later) and Android (SDK 2.3 or newer) devices
- works with most Viper, Directed, and Python remote start and security systems
- Bluetooth connectivity
- features include lock/arm, unlock/disarm, remote start, trunk release, panic button, and 2 auxiliary channels
- some features require Viper SmartKey to be installed with a compatible Viper remote start or security system in order to operate
- automatic lock/unlock feature works with iOS devices only, no Android
- module dimensions: 2-9/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 1/2"D
The Viper VSK100 SmartKey Bluetooth module can lock and unlock the doors of your vehicle automatically without pressing a button. SmartKey works with your smartphone (and the free Directed SmartStart app v3.2 or newer), and can be used as a standalone product, or added to an existing Directed Electronics product (Viper, Python, Clifford), including security, remote start, and hybrid systems. SmartKey currently works in the US and Canada. No service plan is required.
Installation: The VSK100 can easily interface with your existing Directed security, remote start or hybrid system. The Bluetooth Control Module is connected between the existing Directed control module and the system's Control Center via the supplied cable. A simple power and ground connection is also needed. If you are installing the VSK100 as a standalone unit, Door Lock, Door Unlock, Start/Stop, and Trunk wires have to be connected in addition to Power and Ground.
Smartphone Compatibility: The VSK100 SmartKey module works with your smartphone through the free Directed SmartStart App. The app is available from the iTunes App Store. Basic Control is supported on iPhone 3G and newer. The SmartKey passive lock/unlock feature requires Version 3.2 of the SmartStart app, and requires iOS 6 or newer. SmartKey is compatible with iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, and 4. Version 3.2 of the SmartStart app for Android is not yet available (as of 6/17/14). Windows and Blackberry are not supported at this time.
*Some vehicles may require additional parts.