K2 Power Series 6-3/4" component speaker system (2-ohm)
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, and 2 woofer grilles
- K2 Kevlar sandwich woofer cone
- Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround
- 13/16" aramid fiber "M"-shaped inverted-dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- 2-ohm impedance
- power range: 6-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92.8 dB at 2.83 V
- mounting depth: 2-15/16"
Meticulous design and construction
Handmade in France, the Elite K2 Power Series ES 165K2 component system is the culmination of Focal's passion for perfect sound, exceptional standards, and technological advances. Focal's sound gurus engaged in intensive listening sessions designing this line of speakers so that you hear uncanny realism, sweeping dynamics, and breathtaking depth in your music. This 2-ohm system extracts maximum power from your amp so you'll get more punch from your system.
A classic woofer with a new twist
The 6-3/4" woofer uses Focal's classic "W" sandwich cone design to reproduce your music with incredible accuracy. The nimble Kevlar and glass-fiber woofers demonstrate the control needed to play delicate classical passages, yet they'll handle the power needed to drive your bass-heavy tracks with authority. Focal adds a new Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround which minimizes harmonic distortion for the cleanest midrange possible. Focal also distinguishes this system by incorporating an aluminum phase plug in the woofer for extended frequency response.
A redesigned tweeter
The separate 13/16" aramid fiber tweeter employs a unique "M"-shaped inverted dome design that disperses the highs with remarkable precision, all the way up to 22,000 Hz. The K2 Power crossovers use hand-made components developed by Focal to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for a dynamic stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.