Compact Digital Media Receiver 2.7" Display with PMX dash kit for select RANGER® models
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 Compact Digital Media Receiver 2.7" Display with Rockford Fosgate RFRNGR-PMXDK PMX dash kit for select RANGER® models
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2
The PMX-2 is a compact digital media receiver with a 2.7" full color display. Need a high-performance Rockford Fosgate sound system for your boat or offroad UTV? The PMX-2 is a compact digital media receiver with a 2.7" full color display.
- marine digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming (will not make calls)
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- 2.7" color display
- fits into a standard 3" gauge opening
- plays MP3/WMA/WAV files
- global AM/FM/Weather tuner
- Punch EQ: 7-band graphic equalizer
- inputs: USB port
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front and selectable rear/sub)
- compatible with optional wired remotes
Other Features and Specs:
- IPX-6 front panel for excellent water resistance
- backlit LED buttons
- compact chassis
Marine & Display Features
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-2 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Applications: The PMX-2 digital media receiver is designed for marine and motorsports systems.
Optically Bonded LCD: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen.
Water Resistant Control Knob: The PMX-2 uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature white LED illumination.
Voltage Gauge & Warning: You can check the voltage of your system through the PMX-2's menu. The unit also provides a Low Voltage Warning Alert.
EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory): The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features an EEPROM memory system which retains settings even when power is removed.
Bluetooth + Remote Control
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-2 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-2 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-2 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R & PMX-0R wired remote controllers (both sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller. Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC device. You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-2 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-2 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's clickwheels & touchscreens will lock when connected to the PMX-2.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
AM/FM/WB Tuner + Pandora
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-2 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-2 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The PMX-2 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Amp & Audio Section
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-2 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the marine receiver are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/4Ch Preouts: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is equipped with two pair of 4-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps.
Equalizer: The PMX-2 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-2 provides a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Sub Control: When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 40.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
Rockford Fosgate RFNGR-PMXDK kit includes:
- Texture and color matched to vehicle interior
- Direct bolt into vehicle using OEM mounting holes. No drilling required
- Compatible with PMX-0 source unit (sold separately)
- Compatible with PMX-2 source unit (sold separately)
- Compatible with PMX-3 source unit (sold separately)
- *PMX source unit not included
- **Compatible with Polaris heater & defrost option
Designed for use with the following models:
|CREW XP 900||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CREW XP 1000 EPS|| -|| -||Yes|
|FULL-SIZE XP 900||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FULL-SIZE XP 1000 EPS|| -|| -||Yes|
|FULL-SIZE DIESEL HST DELUXE||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FULL-SIZE 500|| -|| -||No|
|FULL-SIZE EV LI-ION||No||No||No|