12" dual 2-ohm voice coil component subwoofer and Compact mono subwoofer amplifier — 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 to 2 ohms
Rockford Fosgate Power T1D212 12" dual 2-ohm voice coil component subwoofer and Rockford Fosgate Power T750X1bd Compact mono subwoofer amplifier — 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 to 2 ohms
Rockford Fosgate Power T1D212
12" dual 2-ohm voice coil component subwoofer
- 12" dual voice coil subwoofer with selectable 1- or 4-ohm impedance
- Kevlar® reinforced paper cone with aluminum dust cap
- rubber surround
- cast aluminum basket
- metal grille included
- power handling: 800 watts RMS (1600 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- top-mount depth: 6-3/4"
|Impedance||1 ohm or 4 ohms|
|Cone Material||Kevlar-Reinforced Paper|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.25|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.75|
|Port diameter (inches)||4|
|Port length (inches)||9|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
|Sensitivity||86 dB at 1 watt |
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||240-800|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1600|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||6 15/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||7 7/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||11 3/16|
Dual 2Ω Voice Coils: The Rockford Fosgate T1D212 subwoofer features dual 2Ω voice coils and a jumper to easily wire them in series or parallel, presenting either a 1Ω or 4Ω load; the voice coils cannot be easily wired separately.
SWIFT Terminal: Rockford's proprietary SWIFT Terminal (Selectable Woofer Impedance Fused Termination) offers a simple and convenient method of setting the impedance presented by the dual voice coil subwoofer. The impedance jumper also provides fused protection from severe overload conditions. With the jumper in the 1Ω position the voice coils are wired in parallel; with the jumper in the 4Ω position the voice coils are wired in series.
Note: A second jumper is included with the subwoofer, described in the manual as non-fused. Visually, however, this jumper also appears to be fused, but at a higher threshold than the factory installed jumper (possibly high enough to make it effectively non-fused).
Woofer: The Kevlar fiber reinforced paper cone has a hard anodized aluminum dust cap of equivalent size; the result is a lightweight and extremely strong cone, reducing piston flex and cone distortion.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
Voice Coil Former: Aluminum voice coil formers offer superior heat dissipation over other commonly used materials. The hard-anodized finish increases the former strength. These two factors combine to improve the overall power handling characteristics of the subwoofer.
Cast Aluminum Basket: The basket is a die-cast aluminum design to add rigidity and eliminate multiple acoustic resonances. Additionally, the large aluminum mass helps reduce voice coil former temperature and increase power handling.
Terminals: The proprietary spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 8-gauge.
Grille: A metal grille is included to protect the subwoofer and add a finished look. If the sub is bottom mounted and the back is visible, the grille can be disassembled and just the trim ring can be installed to cover the mounting screws.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the T1D212 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not just for an instant.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the subwoofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Inductive Damping Heat Sink: The Inductive Damping Heat Sink (IDSH) secures directly to the top of the magnet structure to improve system efficiency by reducing both distortion and back EMF (Electo-Magnetic force). It also radiates heat to reduce the voice coil temperature.
FlexFit Basket: The Flex Fit frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Sealed Box: When using a sealed enclosure, Rockford recommends an internal volume of 1.25 cubic feet. Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer, will handle a lot of power, and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music.
Ported Box: Two ported enclosures are recommend:
- Optimum: internal volume of 1.75 cubic feet using one 4" diameter x 9" long port; this yields a tuning frequency of 40 Hz and a -3 dB point of 32 Hz
- High Output: internal volume of 2.25 cubic feet using a 3" x 13-3/4" x 25-3/4" slot port; this yields a tuning frequency of 40 Hz
Rockford Fosgate Power T750X1bd
Compact mono subwoofer amplifier — 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 to 2 ohms
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class BD amplifier technology with Constant Power topology
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes clip lights and test tone CD
- differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- dual-fan forced induction cooling
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (28 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch EQ (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional PLC2 Punch Level Control wired remote with clip light available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input eliminates need for remote turn-on lead
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-1/2"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-5/16"D