6" component speaker system
6" component speaker system
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, and installation gear
- 6" Kevlar® woofer cone with nitrile-butylene surround
- 1" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- power range: 10-150 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/4"
- woofer grilles, adapter rings and foam gaskets included
- tweeter mounting kits included
|Tweeter Design||1" Edge-driven dome|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||89|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||92|
|Frequency Response||50 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||10|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||600|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
Woofer Cones: JBL uses Kevlar woofer cones and dust caps, rigid and light weight, to minimize unwanted cone flexing. The result is smooth frequency response and controlled cone motion.
Woofer Size Classification: These speakers are marketed as 6-1/2"; they will fit standard 6-1/2 speaker openings, but do not use the industry standard bolt pattern (then again, neither do many car manufacturers at this point). In most 6-1/2 applications, new holes will need to be drilled in the mounting surface of the car. Without drilling new screw holes, the speakers fit many standard 6-3/4 applications. Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit in your vehicle.
Tweeters: The edge-driven textile dome tweeters have oversized voice coils, increasing power handling and lowering distortion at high output levels. The 1" tweeters also allow a lower crossover point, providing a more transparent transition between the woofers and tweeters, and improving the stereo imaging. The tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed into the flush mount housing and inserted into the opening. The large plastic retention nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled up to approximately 45° for optimum imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the existing grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 1/8 of an inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
| ||Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
Tweeter Level: A knob on each crossover allows you to adjust the output level of the tweeter; choose -1.5 dB, 0 dB (flat) or +1.5 dB.
Crossover Mounting: Each crossover can be mounted using four of the included screws through holes in the base.
- Length: 5.508" (plus wire)
- Width: 7.513" (8.12" including tweeter output level knob)
- Height: 2.206"
Wire Connections: All the crossover inputs and outputs and the woofer and tweeter inputs are set screw terminals. The crossover terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 10 gauge, the woofer terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 10 gauge, and the tweeter terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 14 gauge.