Universal Radio Replacement and Steering Wheel Interface w/ Connect an iDatalink-ready receiver and retain steering wheel controls, factory amp and sub, and backup camera in select 2008-2014 Subaru vehicles
iDatalink HRN-RR-US1 and Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Subaru models (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- only works with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers with iDatalink port
- retains steering wheel audio controls
- retains your Subaru's amplifier and subwoofer (including the fader)
- displays engine gauges and Check Engine codes on touchscreen
Subaru Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU1installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module (794ADSMRR, sold separately) in select Subaru vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer (click here for a list of fully compatible radios).
Note: This installation harness will not work with aftermarket head units that do not feature an iDatalink Serial Port.
Vehicle Compatibility Chart: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness is compatible with the following Subaru vehicles.
|Make||Model||Factory Equipped Options||Year|
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness.
- Factory steering wheel controls (SWC) with two-function programmability
- Factory amplifier & sub (with turn-on & fader)
- Factory backup camera
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module
Connect a new stereo and retain the steering wheel audio controls and factory amps in select 2006-up vehicles
- allows installation of a new car stereo in select 2006-up Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Subaru, Toyota, and VW vehicles
- works with required vehicle-specific harness (sold separately) to retain factory steering wheel audio controls, retain the factory amp if present, and integrate all car stereo connections
- retains factory convenience features (OnStar, SYNC, Uconnect, and more) with select Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, and JVC touchscreen receivers
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Alpine multimedia receivers
- not compatible with Mac
- dimensions: 4-1/8"W x 3/4"H x 2-7/8"D
Web-Programmable Radio Replacement Solution: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) is part of a web-programmable solution that allows you to replace the factory radio in many 2006-up Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Toyota/Scion, Honda/Acura, Fiat, Subaru, and Volkswagen vehicles (requires additional vehicle specific harness). Retained features will vary by vehicle and aftermarket head unit.
Flashing the Module: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your PC and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Just visit iDatalink's Weblink site, and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.3 include:
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Administrative rights on your PC
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)
- Available USB port
Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.
Aftermarket Radio Compatibility: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) is fully compatible with select aftermarket receivers with an iDatalink Serial Port and partially compatible with non-serial port aftermarket head unit. Features will vary by vehicle and type of aftermarket head unit.
- Fully Compatible Serial Port Aftermarket Receivers: The iDatalink Maestro RR is fully compatible with the select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, and Pioneer in-dash receivers which feature an iDatalink Serial Port.
- Kenwood Notes: Select 2016 Kenwood DDX and DNX receivers will require a firmware update for full iDatalink Maestro RR compatibility. For interfacing the Maestro RR with a Kenwood 2012 DNX/DDX-series receivers, you'll want to add the iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01 cable (HRNSXA1, sold separately).
- Pioneer Note: 2014 AVIC-NEX series and 2015 AVH-X series receivers require a firmware update. 2014-2015 Pioneer receivers are not compatible with Maestro RR's "Extra Gauges" feature.
- Partially Compatible Non-Serial Port Radios: The ADS-MRR is also compatible with non-serial port radios from Alpine, Axxera (Dual), Blaupunkt, Boyo, Clarion, Eclipse, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony.
Navigation Outputs: The ADS-MRR provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Foot Brake, Parking Brake, and a Reverse Light output to make installing practically any aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming in select Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Toyota/Scion, Honda, Fiat and Volkswagen vehicles.
Steering Wheel Controls: The iDatalink Maestro RR also lets you retain your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Toyota/Scion, Honda/Acura, Fiat and Volkswagen vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket stereo that offers a SWC input. In addition to retaining the original steering wheel functions, you can assign secondary press and hold features to the buttons of your choice. There is only one wire that will have to be spliced when installing this interface in your compatible Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle. However, if the vehicle was equipped with factory navigation, there will be no extra SWC wires to connect in the vehicle. You will not have to splice any wires to get SWC functionality in a compatible GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Toyota/Scion, Honda/Acura, Fiat, or Volkswagen vehicle.
Note: Steering wheel controls work with the following brands - Alpine, Axxera (Dual), Blaupunkt, Boyo, Clarion, Dual, Eclipse, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony. Other brands are not supported.
Amp Turn-On Lead: The ADS-MRR provides an amp turn-on lead to turn on any factory amps when installing virtually any aftermarket head unit. Both balance and fade control are retained in many vehicles with analog amplifier systems. iDatalink Serial Port compatible head units from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, and Pioneer also support fading in vehicles with digital amplifier systems.
Note: If you are installing an aftermarket head unit that does not feature an iDatalink serial port, then you will not be able to fade in vehicles with digital amplifier systems. In this case, adjust the factory amplifier's fader prior to installation of the new aftermarket head unit.
Extra features: When installing an iDatalink Serial Port compatible Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer in-dash receiver in select Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Toyota/Scion, Honda/Acura, Fiat, and Volkswagen vehicles, the iDatalink Maestro RR offers Extra features. The Following Extra features will vary by aftermarket head unit and make/model/year vehicle.
- Climate Controls: Control your climate, defrost, and heated seat settings directly from your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Vehicle Info: Monitor your car's door status, tire pressure, read and reset engine codes and more directly from your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Gauges: Displays speed, boost, turbo, RPM, engine temperature and more directly on your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Visual Parking Assistance: Displays visual proximity indicators directly on your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen for extra security.
Note: 2014-2015 Pioneer receivers with the iDalink Serial Port and non-serial port aftermarket radios do not support these Extra features.
Installation Note: Connecting the module, vehicle specific harness, and aftermarket head unit together requires hard-wiring numerous wires by soldering or using Posi-Twist connectors.