MagicMount Qi wireless charging kit with universal vehicle mount
MagicMount Qi wireless charging kit with universal vehicle mount.
Secure wireless phone charging for your vehicle
Scosche's UQ01 combines the convenience of the MagicMount™ phone mounting system with the functionality of a Qi (pronounced "chee") wireless charging system. Scosche designed this charger to flush-mount in a custom location close to your vehicle's 12-volt power socket. There are modifications involved, such as removing a few panels, cutting out a hole for the charger, and drilling a hole to route a cable. Scosche includes a "T" harness for your vehicle's 12-volt power plug — eliminating the need to cut and splice wiring. Once the mount is installed, you'll be able to charge your Qi-compatible smartphone without searching for that hard-to-find charging cable while you're driving.
What you need
You'll need a phone that includes the Qi charging system, or you'll need to add a Qi-compatible USB coil, battery cover, or charging sleeve to your existing smartphone. This MagicMount system includes the MagicPlate™ to attach to your case or directly to the back of your smartphone, so it'll stay in place as you drive around town. Scosche includes instructions for your installation, as well as a template for the placement of the MagicPlate magnets.
This charging system will require permanent modifications to your vehicle. These modifications shouldn't be visible upon the completion of the installation. If you're not sure about the modifications involved or safely choosing a location in your vehicle, you'll want to contact a professional installer.
- universal-fit Qi wireless charger for select smartphones
- installs in vehicle location near 12-volt power port
- requires modifications to vehicle's interior for permanent mounting
- up to 10W of wireless charging power
- compatible with iPhone® 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- LED light on side of mount indicates charging status
- foreign object detection prevents charging when objects obstruct charging area
- included thin non-magnetic metal plate that attaches to device with adhesive
- features powerful built-in neodymium magnets safe for smartphones
- not for use with hard drive devices