Single Remote Radar w/ GPS Radar: front only receiver with wireless, hand-held control unit for front protection from police radar.
Remote-mount radar detector with GPS -displays data on screens of select JVC and Kenwood car stereos
- remote-mount/stealth-mount radar detector with GPS
- custom-mounted brain with hidden sensors
- remote control with dash or visor mounting options
- blue LED or warning pod custom-installed into dash
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR interface module (2015 and newer models)
- displays alert details on select Kenwood and JVC touchscreen receivers
- 24" Maestro interface cable included
- detects all North American-approved police radar bands
- GPS-based "Mark to Alert" and "Mark to Mute" allow you to mark specific threats and to filter specific locations
- three selectable modes for highway or city driving
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar and POP
- K-band filter rejects alerts from vehicles with radar-based safety systems
- traffic sensor filter allows filtration of K-band traffic flow sensors
- display includes signal strength meter
- dim and mute modes
Other Features and Specs:
- remote control: 1-3/8"W x 1/2"H x 3-1/16"D
- front radar receiver: 3-1/4"W x 2"H x 4-1/8"D with attached 15' cable
- GPS module: 2"W x 1/2"H x 2"D with attached 20' cable
- interior host module: 3-1/4"W x 15/16"H x 5-5/8"D with attached speaker
Overview: The K40 RL200di is a custom-installed, GPS-enabled radar detection system. It is not a portable, windshield- or dash-mounted device. The RL200di includes a large front radar receiver, a GPS module, and a host module that ties them all together. The radar system features a single LED and remote speaker to provide visual and audible alerts, and comes with a wireless remote control. The RL200di can also be integrated with select Kenwood and JVC radios through the ADS Maestro RR interface for full on-screen display and touch screen controls.
Note: It is recommended that the RL200di should be installed by a professional or advanced DIYer.
Radar Detection: The RL200di features a large front radar receiver that is installed horizontally under the hood. It can detect the following radar bands and frequencies:
- X-band: 10.500-10.550 GHz
- K-band: 24.050-25.250 GHz
- Ka-band: 33.400-36.000 GHz
Note: Laser detection is not included, however, the RL200di will accommodate up to five optional Laser Diffuser g5s, available from the manufacturer.
Filter Settings: The K40 RL200di offers three Sensitivity Modes, selectable on the included remote control:
- Highway: This default setting detects all types of North American approved police radar (X, K, Ka) at full sensitivity. This is recommended for highway travel, or for areas in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- City: The City mode reduces the sensitivity of X-band radar by 50%, while K and Ka bands remain at full sensitivity. This can be used in urban areas where there are minimal non-police radar signals.
- Filter: In this mode, X-band detection is eliminated and K and Ka band are reduced by 50%. This is best for congested traffic areas where there is a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
Traffic Sensor Filter: The RL200di will reject alerts caused by traffic flow sensors that can typically be found along some highways. A special K-Band Traffic Sensor Filter can be enabled in the menu when necessary.
Visual and Audible Alerts: The RL200di comes with a single LED that can be mounted near your vehicle's instrument cluster to provide a visual alert when radar is detected. The LED brightness can be set to Day, Dusk, Night, Auto, and Off. Since there is no display, the system uses a 2" speaker for audible alerts, setting up the system, and confirming setting changes.
ADS Maestro RR Compatible: The K40 RL200di can be integrated with the ADS Maestro RR interface and select Kenwood and JVC multimedia car stereos to give you a full display and touch controls. When connected, you'll have detailed on-screen alert information, including the location of the threat, radar band, and signal strength. You can use the receiver's touch screen to control the functions and features of the unit. Steering wheel control of some K40 features is possible on compatible vehicles.
Mark to Alert: You can mark specific GPS locations such as speed traps, school zones, and red light cameras, so you'll receive an alert whenever you enter that geographical area. Each time you mark a location, you add to a growing database of important locations, which are stored in the detector's memory.
Mark to Mute: Like Mark to Alert above, you can mark specific GPS locations where you receive non-police radar alerts. This eliminates annoying false alerts from automatic doors and security systems.
Quiet Ride: The Quiet Ride feature will silent all audible alerts until you exceed a selected minimum speed. You can set the minimum speed between 5 and 75 mph in 5 mph increments. Typically this feature is used on long road trips, and where you only want to be alerted to radar if you exceed a set speed limit.
Speed Monitor: The Speed Monitor feature will provide audible and visual alerts (from the speaker and LED) whenever you exceed a pre-selected speed. You can set the Speed Monitor to any speed between 40 and 100 mph, in 5 mph increments. Speed Monitor overrides the Quiet Ride feature.
Programmable Features: The RL200di offers several programmable features for setting up the unit to your personal preferences:
- Voice Type: Male or Female
- Audible Voice: Voice On or Voice Off
- Wake Up Sequence: Wake Up Long (standard 5-second sequence) or Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- AutoMute: On or Off
- Traffic Sensor Filter: On or Off
- Distance Measurements: MPH or KPH
- Speed Monitor: On or Off
- Front Radar: On or Off
- Front X-band: On or Off
- Front K-band: On or Off
- Front Ka-band: On or Off
- Factory Reset
Remote Control: The RL200di comes with a wireless remote control that lets you turn on/off many of the system's features. In addition to power, volume up/down, and mute, the remote includes buttons for Dim, Menu, Mark to Mute (MM), Mark to Alert (MA), Quiet Ride, and City/Highway modes. The remote comes with a visor clip and self-adhesive hook-and-loop fasteners so you can keep it hidden away when not in use.
K40's Ticket-Free Guarantee: K40 Electronics offers a Ticket-Free Guarantee for the first year of product ownership. During the first year, the company will pay in full for all radar speeding tickets incurred while the detector is operating and used properly. The guarantee is not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or if incurred with a DUI or DWI violation. Tickets received outside of the U.S. and Canada are not covered by the guarantee. Product registration is required for coverage.