Pair of Punch P3 12" subwoofers with dual 4-ohm voice coils & Mono subwoofer amplifier 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 Pair of 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils and Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X1bd Mono subwoofer amplifier 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Pair of Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12
Two Punch P3 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
Rockford Fosgate showcases their fanatical commitment to sonic excellence in the Punch Series of speakers, amps, and subs. If you like to listen to potent, powerful music — and feel it too — Punch components will give you impressive sound that'll stand out in a crowd.
Designed for deeper, louder bass
Rockford Fosgate designed the P3D4-12 12" subwoofer to stay strong even when the bass gets hot. This Punch P3 sub features a rigid anodized aluminum cone that holds its shape through heavy play, while staying light and responsive. Rockford Fosgate uses a new technique to attach the oversized rubber surround to the cone that increases available cone area up to 25%, so this sub can push more air for even bigger bass.
The aluminum cone acts as a giant heat sink, directing heat away from the copper-clad aluminum voice coils. Special venting keeps the voice coils cool, so you get incredibly consistent bass performance over time. This P3 sub features an extended pole piece and bumped backplate that leaves more room for heavy excursion, so it'll hit deeper lows without "bottoming out."
The dual 4-ohm voice coils allow you to wire the sub for 2-ohm impedance to get maximum power output, or for 8-ohm impedance if you're using multiple subs. The P3D4-12 sub works equally well in a sealed or ported enclosure, so you can choose the kind of bass you want for your system.
- 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- anodized aluminum cone with Santoprene surround
- hybrid StampCast basket provides strength while minimizing weight and resonance
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST™) increases cone area
- power range: 300-600 watts RMS (1200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 28-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- top-mount depth: 6-11/16"
- sealed box volume: .75-1.25 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.79 cubic feet
|Impedance||2 ohms or 8 ohms|
|Cone Material||Anodized Aluminum|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.02|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.79|
|Port diameter (inches)||4|
|Port length (inches)||10|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
|Sensitivity||85 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||28 - 250 Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||300-600|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1200|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||6 11/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||11 1/16|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4-12 is a 12-inch subwoofer with dual 4Ω voice coils. The sub features a hybrid StampCast basket, quick-release compression terminals, anodized aluminum cone, and Santoprene surround. An anodized aluminum voice coil former and spider venting help keep the subwoofer cool.
Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: The dual 4Ω voice coils offer wiring flexibility; when wired in parallel the woofer presents a 2Ω load, when wired in series the woofer presents an 8Ω load.
Compression Terminals: The P3D4-12 features spring post terminals which accommodate speaker wire up to 10 gauge.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the P3D4-12 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
FlexFit Basket: The Flex Fit frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Trim Ring: To improve the cosmetic look, a decorative trim ring is included that mounts over the flange of the woofer. When using the cast aluminum trim ring the woofer is first mounted with four screws, then the ring is placed on top of the woofer, aligning the final four holes of the woofer with ring. The other four screws are used for these holes to mount the ring and woofer to the enclosure. Without the trim ring the mounting height of the woofer is just under 7/8 of an inch, with the trim ring it's approximately 1-1/16 inches. The diameter of the trim ring is 13-5/16 inches.
Sealed Box: Rockford recommends a sealed enclosure with an optimum internal volume of 1.02 cubic feet (from 0.75 to 1.25 cubic feet is acceptable). Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer, will handle a lot of power, and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music.
Ported Box: Rockford recommends a ported enclosure with an internal volume of 1.79 cubic feet using one 4" diameter x 10" long port; this yields a tuning frequency of 40 Hz. Ported (or vented) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from less power. However, this efficiency comes at the expense of very low frequency output (below 33 Hz).
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X1bd
Mono subwoofer amplifier — 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable subsonic filter (28Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable PEQ2 bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes test tone CD
- test tones also available as MP3 download from Amazon On Demand, Rhapsody, Google Play, and Spotify, labeled "3sixty.3 setup disc" (Punch amps and the 3sixty.3 use the same test tone tracks for setup)
- Class-BD amplifier design
- frequency response: 20-250 Hz
- Dynamic Thermal Management and MEHSA MOSFET cooling systems
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required, sold separately)
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs eliminate need for remote turn-on lead
- optional PLC2 wired remote level control with clip light available (sold separately)
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 140-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 140-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 13-3/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 8-13/16"D