Single Remote Radar w/ Control Unit Radar: front only receiver with built-in remote control for front protection from police radar.
K40 K40-200 EXPERT Platinum200 Expert Single Receiver Police Radar Detection System
It’s time to expect more from your radar detector and the company behind it. Your safety is the first thing we engineer into all of our products: No screen to distract you, no fumbling for controls. K40 puts control right at your fingertips, right where you want it.
In addition to utilizing K40’s new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology, for greater range and sensitivity this redesigned system gives you more customizable options than ever for your vehicle, your unique driving style, and environment. The future is now and K40’s newest technology makes this radar system the most reliable system you can buy, backed by a company that truly cares about your satisfaction. Expert Control Unit Included.
- The Latest Technology for Long Range Protection
The Platinum200 features evolutionary enhancements which inspire confidence that you are protected by the very best speeding ticket protection system available today.
- All new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology that increases sensitivity and range.
- A more powerful CPU for a more responsive system and greater customization capabilities.
- Three I/O ports for current integration and future system expansion.
- OEM-like Custom Installation
The Platinum200 retains the original factory appearance of your vehicle’s interior. A wireless remote control (or optional hard-wired Expert Control) along with strategically installed LED hidden in your dash and a hidden speaker make this system undetectable. You only know it’s there when you need it. RDD (radar detector detector) protection included so even the police won’t know you’re driving with a “ticket-free” co-pilot.
- GPS Features
The Platinum200 offers you full customizable GPS technology features such as:
- Mark to Mute – Mute audible warnings of false, non-police radar locations you regularly travel past with a simple push of the MM button on your remote control.
- Mark to Alert – Mark locations to alert such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red-light cameras by pressing the MA button.
- Speed Monitor – Track your speed without taking your eyes off the road and be alerted if you exceed your pre-selected speed.
- Quiet Ride – Mute all alerts under a pre-selected speed. Eliminates alerts when you are driving at or near the posted speed limit (Default setting is 20 mph).
- Auto Filter – Sensitivity automatically adjusts to the optimum setting based on your vehicle’s speed. This “set it and forget it” option means you always have just the right amount of protection. Less sensitivity at lower speeds means less false alerts, and increased sensitivity at higher speeds means more time to slow down and avoid that ticket.
- Advanced Filtering
The Platinum200 is packed with advanced filtering technology to make it the quietest and most dependable radar and laser defense system available today.
- K-Band Filter – Automatically rejects false alerts from radar-based safety features like Collision Avoidance and Lane Departure Warning from other vehicles (including your own).
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Rejects alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Ka-Band Filter – Enables filtration of non-police Ka-Band radar signals, e.g. other radar detectors and satellite broadcast bands.
- Radar Band Selectivity
The Platinum200 now offers you the option to choose specific band frequency ranges that you wish to be alerted to. Make the drive even quieter by honing in on specific frequency ranges used only by a police officer’s radar gun.
- K-Band Narrow/Wide/Extended – Allows you to customize the frequency range of K-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Ka-Band Narrow/Wide – Allows you to customize the frequency range of Ka-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Integration-ready Custom-installed Radar Detector
The Platinum200 can integrate with ADS Maestro RR interface and select Kenwood/JVC® radios to provide a visual and touch on-screen experience through your infotainment display.
- Expert Control Unit
The ultimate in OEM style and convenience! This permanently installed, yet easily concealed component puts control of system settings and functions in a fingertip reach location. The Expert Control Unit looks and functions just like factory vehicle controls and is backlit for easy button identification in low light conditions. Available only through select Expert Dealers…contact us for a dealer referral. (install photo: Kingpin Car & Marine Audio)
- Optional K40 Laser Defuser® Protection
Become invisible to police laser guns. The Platinum200, combined with the combat power of Laser Defuser transponders, delivers the ultimate in bumper-to-bumper speeding ticket protection.
Product subject to one or more of the following U.S. patents:
- 7,298,248 B2
- Other patents pending.
- Detects and alerts to every FCC approved North American police radar frequencies.
- Operating Frequencies:
- 10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
- 23.950 – 24.285 GHz (K-Band)
- 33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
- Power Requirements:
- 10.0 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
- 500 mA typical standby
- Wireless Remote Control: CR2032 Cell Battery
- Temperature Range: -40° – +165° Fahrenheit
- Highway (factory default setting):
- Sensitivity: Detects all bands of North American approved police radar at maximum range and sensitivity
- Recommended Use: For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- Sensitivity: The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar signals.
- Recommended Use: When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.
- Sensitivity: X-Band detection is eliminated completely.
- Recommended Use: Use this mode when traveling in congested traffic areas with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
- Auto Filter:
- 0-45 mph – “Filter” setting sensitivity (see above).
- 46-55 mph – “City” setting sensitivity (see above).
- 56 mph+ – “Highway” setting sensitivity (see above).
- Recommended Use: Allows for less sensitivity in low-speed situations and more range and sensitivity in higher speed situations.
Additional System Features
- Voice Type – “Female Voice”
- Audible Voice – “Voice On”
- Wake-Up Sequence – “Wake-Up Long”
- Auto Volume – “Auto Volume On”
- K-Band Selectivity – “K Wide”
- Optional Laser Defuser – “Laser On”
- Ka-Band Selectivity – “Ka Wide”
- Rear Ka-Band – “Rear Ka-Band On”
- Ka-Band Filter – “Ka Filter Off”
- mph/kph – “Miles Per Hour”
- Traffic Sensor Filter – “Traffic Sensor Filter Off”
- Factory Reset – “Factory Reset”
- MRCD/CT – “MRCD Off” (Late 2020 release)
- mph/kph – “Miles Per Hour”
- MRCD/CT – “MRCD Off” (Late 2020 release)
- MRCD/CT Filter – “MRCD Filter Off” (Late 2020 Release)
- Wireless Remote Control: 3.07" L x 1.4" W x.47" H
- Front Radar Receiver: 4.3" L x 2.7" W x 1.7" H w/attached 15' cable
- GPS Module: 2.00" L x 2.00" W x .50" H w/attached 20' cable
- Interior Host Module: 5.62" L x 3.29" W x 0.83" H w/attached audio quality speaker
- Expert Control Unit: 1.76" L x 0.76" W x 0.35" H w/attached 8' cable